- Where: West Flanders & Payottenland, Belgium
- When: 12th-20th September 2018, leaving from Brussels.
- Cost: $3,300 NZD
We have been twice to the area to plan this trip. We have designed the itinerary to be interesting and fun, with a balance of visiting breweries, drinking beer and visiting sites of interest. The group will be small, thus we have the ability to deviate from the plan if we need to. We love Belgium, its beer, food, history and architecture, and we brew Belgian-style beer in a stone basement in Oamaru, North Otago.
- accommodation, transport (van with driver) and all meals & brewery tours.
- airfares, transport to Brussels for tour start, travel/medical insurance, and BEER !! (included with tours and meals).
Westvleteren <> de Thiriez <> Kazematten <> St.Bernadus <> Struisse Brouwers <> de Dolle brouwers <> Bourgogne de Flanderes <> Rodenbach <> Cantillon <> Drie Fonteinen <> Tilquin (mapa?)
A stronger version of our recipe, this Grisette is solely fermented with Seats are limited to 8 people, and 4 have confirmed already.
A deposit of $500 pp is required by April 1st 2018, and full payment must be received by 4th August 2018.
Brussels to Watou (staying at Recour Hotel, Poperinge & Brouwershuis, Watou)
- Wed 12th
- travel to Watou via The Cafe at Westvleteren
- Thu 13th
- visit Brasserie de Thiriez, France, have lunch at Kasteelhof, Cassel, and attend The Last Post at Ieper
- Fri 14th
- brewery tour Saint Bernardus, visit Ieper ( free to wander and visit Flanders Field Museum or Kazematten Brouwerij) dinner at the famous t' Hommelhof, Watou
- Sat 15th
- visit Struisse Brouwers, Oostvleteren, then attend Lekker Westhoeks Beer & Food Festival, Poperinge
Watou to Brugge/Bruges (staying at huis 't Schaep, Brugge)
- Sun 16th
- travel to Brugge, via de Dolle Brouwers, Esen, for a tour at 2pm. Dinner at Cambrinus, Brugge
- Mon 17th
- free day to wander the streets of Brugge, 4pm drinks at cafe Rose Red, Moules and Frites for dinner
Brugge to Bruxelles (La Grand Cloche, Bruxelles) fantastic central location
- Tues 18th
- brewery visit Bourgogne de Flandere, 1 pm tour Rodenbach Brouwerij, Roeselare, dinner at Restobieres, Bruxelles (Michael's birthday)
- Wed 19th
- visit Cantillon for brewery tour, then travel out into Payottenland to see gueuze breweries and blenderies. Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen and Tilquin Blendery.
- Thurs 20th
- 11am check out of La Grande Cloche and say our farewells. We are happy to assist with getting folk to airports/train stations.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
*It is essential that you are mobile enough to climb steps and walk across cobblestones. You should be able to walk for an hour at a time and stand on your feet for two hours at a time. Only one of the three hotels have stairs, thus you need to be able to carry your own luggage up 2 or 3 flights of stairs.
*You are required to have travel/medical insurance
*Cancellation 3 weeks prior will give you a full refund. After that, we shall keep the cost of cancellation fees for accommodation and brewery tours.
You can find us in the historical center of OAMARU
120 00 Prague 2
+420 777 888 999
Monday -Saturday: 9am – 9:30pm
Sunday: 9:30am – 4pm